BOARD of ELECTIONS
Salem County Board of Elections
Physical Address: 110 Fifth Street, Suite 1000, Salem, NJ 08079
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 56, Salem, NJ 08079
Main Phone: 856-935-7510
Eastern Part of the County Phone: 856-358-3857
Election Board Members
Scott Hourigan, Chairman
William Higgins, Secretary
Voting Machine Technicians
Board Meeting Schedule 2021
Unless otherwise noted, meetings take place at Salem County Fifth Street Conference Room, 110 Fifth Street, Salem NJ 08079.
- April 7, 2021 at 9am
- May 5, 2021 at 9am
- July 14, 2021 at 10am – Ware Building
- August 4, 2021 at 9am
- September 8, 2021 at 9am
- October 6, 2021 at 10am
Early Voting Information
Early Voting Centers 2021
Early Voting Schedule 2021
Saturday, October 23 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday, October 24 polls open 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Monday, October 25 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Tuesday, October 26 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesday, October 27 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thursday, October 28 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, October 29 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 30 polls open 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday, October 31 polls open 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
The above dates and times apply to Early Voting Centers only!
Election Day 2021 will be held on Tuesday, November 2. The polls will be open from 6:00 am – 8:00 pm in their regular locations throughout Salem County.
Interested in becoming a Poll Worker?
Download our Application Form (pdf)
How To Vote In New Jersey
How to Complete and Return Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot (English)
How to Complete and Return Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot (Spanish)
Notice to Mail-in Ballot Bearers
SALEM COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
NOTICE TO MAIL-IN BALLOT BEARERS
Effective August 10, 2015, P.L. 2015, Chapter 84, amended that portion of N. J. S.A., Title 19 concerning the return of voted mail-in ballots by "bearers." While previously there was no limit on the number of mail-in ballots that a bearer could mail or return to the Board of Elections on behalf of other voters, the new law limits to three ill the number of qualified voters that a person may serve as a bearer for in an election. N.J.S.A. 19:63-16(d)(3). In addition to the limit of three (3) voters for whom a person may serve as an authorized bearer, whenever a person delivers a ballot to the County Board of Elections, that person is now required to "provide proof of the person's identity in the form of a New Jersey driver's license, or another form of identification issued or recognized as official by the federal government, the State, or any of its subdivisions, providing the identification carries the full address and signature of the person." N.J.S.A. 19:63-16(d)(2).
If you have any questions, call: 856-935-7510.
SALEM COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
SCOTT HOURIGAN, CHAIRMAN
DAVID CRESCENZI, SECRETARY
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that I may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- You are not serving a sentence of incarceration as a result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this or another state or of the United States.
- Do not Fax or Email Voter Registration forms, we cannot accept electronic registration. Completed form with original signature is required. Please mail, or deliver in-person: Board of Election 110 Fifth Street, Suite 1000 Salem NJ 08079
Registration Deadline is 21 days prior to election.
- False or fraudulent registration may subject you to a fine of up to $5,000, imprisonment up to 5 years or both pursuant to R.S. 19:34-1
- You may also register to vote in Salem County at the following locations: Social Services Office, Motor Vehicle Commission or Municipal Clerk's Offices
If you do not know your voting district, contact your Municipal Clerk or call the Election Board office. Your voting district, polling location name & address will be listed on your sample ballot. Sample ballots are typically mailed within a week of the election.
Please contact the Salem County Clerk for Certified Official Results: Dale Cross 856-935-7510 ext 8605 or visit the website at http://salemcountyclerk.org.
Ballot Drop Box Locations
- Alloway – Municipal Building – 49 S Greenwich Street, Alloway, NJ 08001
- Carneys Point – Municipal Building – 303 Harding Highway, Carneys Point, NJ 08069
- Elsinboro – Municipal Building – 619 Salem Fort Elfsborg Road, Elsinboro, NJ 08079
- Lower Alloways Creek – Municipal Building – 501 Locust Island Road, Lower Alloways Creek, NJ 08038
- Mannington – Township Building – 491 Route 45, Mannington, NJ 08079
- Oldmans – Municipal Building – 40 Freed Road, Pedricktown, NJ 08067
- Penns Grove – Municipal Building – 1 State Street, Penns Grove, NJ 08069
- Pennsville – Municipal Building – 90 South Broadway, Pennsville, NJ 08069
- Pilesgrove – Municipal Building – 1180 Route 40, Pilesgrove, NJ 08098
- Pittsgrove – Municipal Building – 989 Centerton Road, Pittsgrove, NJ 08318
- Quinton – Municipal Building – 885 Salem Quinton Road, Quinton, NJ 08072
- Salem City– 110 5th Street, Salem, NJ 08079
- Upper Pittsgrove – Municipal Building – 431 Route 77, Elmer, NJ 08318
- Woodstown - Municipal Building Parking Lot, 30 North Main Street, Woodstown, NJ 08098