BOARD of ELECTIONS
Salem County Board of Elections
Fifth Street Complex 110 Fifth Street, Suite 1000 Salem, NJ 08079
Phone: 856-935-7510 ext(s) 8328, 8329, 8330, 8331
Eastern part of the county Phone #: 856-358-3857
PRIMARY ELECTION 2018
Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms for Primary Election to be Filed with County Commissioners of Registration: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 -Board of Elections Office open until 9:00pm
Deadline for Filing of Challenger Appointments for Primary Election: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Primary Election Day– Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Date of Election: November 6, 2018 (Tuesday)
Notice to Mail-in Ballot Bearers
SALEM COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
NOTICE TO MAIL-IN BALLOT BEARERS
Effective August 10, 2015, P.L. 2015, Chapter 84, amended that portion of N. J. S.A., Title 19 concerning the return of voted mail-in ballots by “bearers.” While previously there was no limit on the number of mail-in ballots that a bearer could mail or return to the Board of Elections on behalf of other voters, the new law limits to three ill the number of qualified voters that a person may serve as a bearer for in an election. N.J.S.A. 19:63-16(d)(3). In addition to the limit of three (3) voters for whom a person may serve as an authorized bearer, whenever a person delivers a ballot to the County Board of Elections, that person is now required to “provide proof of the person’s identity in the form of a New Jersey driver’s license, or another form of identification issued or recognized as official by the federal government, the State, or any of its subdivisions, providing the identification carries the full address and signature of the person.” N.J.S.A. 19:63-16(d)(2).
If you have any questions, call: 856-935-7510.
SALEM COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
SCOTT HOURIGAN, CHAIRMAN
DAVID CRESCENZI, SECRETARY
To register in New Jersey you must be:
Voter Registration Forms – All-in-one form
– Use this form to register as a new voter and for address/name/party affiliation changes
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that I may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
- Do not Fax or Email Voter Registration forms, we cannot accept electronic registration. Completed form with original signature is required. Please mail, or deliver in-person: Board of Election 110 Fifth Street Salem NJ 08079
Registration Deadline is 21 days prior to election.
- False or fraudulent registration may subject you to a fine of up to $5,000, imprisonment up to 5 years or both pursuant to R.S. 19:34-1
- You may also register to vote in Salem County at the following locations: Social Services Office, Motor Vehicle Commission or Municipal Clerk
Alloway – Carneys Point – Elmer – Elsinboro – Lower Alloways Creek – Mannington – Oldmans – Penns Grove – Pennsville – Pilesgrove – Pittsgrove – Quinton – Salem City – Upper Pittsgrove – Woodstown
If you do not know your voting district, contact your Municipal Clerk or call the Election Board office. Your voting district, polling location name & address will be listed on your sample ballot. Sample ballots are typically mailed within a week of the election.
Please contact the Salem County Clerk for Certified Official Results: Gilda Gill 856-935-7510 ext 8605 or visit the website at http://salemcountyclerk.org.