Salem County Board of Elections
Physical Address: 110 Fifth Street, Suite 1000, Salem, NJ 08079
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 56, Salem, NJ 08079
Main Phone: 856-935-7510
East-side of County: 856-358-3857
Voting Machine Technicians
Election Board Members
Dana Mulligan, Chairwoman
Julia Hiles – Secretary
William R Higgins
Board Meeting Schedule 2023
Unless otherwise noted, meetings take place at Salem County Fifth Street Conference Room #105, 110 Fifth Street, Salem, NJ, 08079
All meetings begin at 10 am. Dates and times are subject to change.
- March 1, 2023
RESCHEDULED – Wed. March 15, 2023 – 10AM
- April 5th
- May 3rd
- September 6th
- October 4th CANCELLED
- December 6th CANCELLED
Summary of Services
- Certify Polling Places conform to all facets of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Help America Vote Act (HAVA), and N.J.S.A, Title 19, including conduct of all elections.
- Oversee conduct for annual inspection of Polling Place locations; certify Polling place accessibility compliance
- Receive, process, canvassing & counting of all Mail-In ballots, including Overseas Civilian, Military, Provisional and Emergency ballots for all elections
- Recruiting, training, certifying and assigning Poll Workers to each of the 45 Polling Districts in Salem County and supervising them on Election Day
- Verify eligibility and process Challenger requests, distribute Challengers credentials, permits & badges for all elections
- Redistricting Election Districts, when appropriate, in conjunction with Municipal Clerks to maintain proper voting districts. Drawing of district lines, certifying voting districts, filing maps & the legal boundary descriptions of the election districts with the Secretary of State
- Serve as a Polling location for Mail-In ballot voters for all elections
- Conduct recounts of election results as required by court order
- Register new voters, update & maintain registration rolls, purge registrations as required by law for deceased, disenfranchised and inactive status registrations
- Custodians of Voting machines and other voting equipment
- Maintenance and programming of voting machines
- Certification of election vote tabulation equipment
- Certifying election results as the Board of Canvassers with the County Clerk
Here are the 3 ways you can vote in the upcoming General Election
Vote in person at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, June 6. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
Go to VOTE.NJ.GOV for your polling place, listed on the Polling Locations page.
This option enables all registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during a three-day period prior to Election Day. You can choose to vote, in person, when it’s most convenient for your schedule.
No matter where you live in the county, you can vote your specific ballot at any of your county’s designated in-person early voting locations. Find your county’s locations at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
In-person early voting locations will be open Friday, June 2 through Sunday, June 4. Hours will be Friday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
No appointment is necessary. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
Registered voters can apply for a vote-by-mail ballot by following the instructions found at VOTE.NJ.GOV or contacting their County Clerk. Then, VOTE and RETURN your ballot one of the following ways…
- Mail: Your vote-by-mail ballot MUST be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. on June 6 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before June 12.
- Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place your vote-by-mail ballot in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on June 6. Drop box locations can be found at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
- Board of Elections Office: Deliver your vote-by-mail ballot in person to your county’s Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on June 6. County Election Officials’ contact information can be found at VOTE.NJ.GOV.
NOTE: Vote-by-mail ballots CANNOT be returned to your early voting location or polling place.
We answer the five common questions about in-person early voting.
How To Vote In New Jersey
How to Complete and Return Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot (English)
How to Complete and Return Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot (Spanish)